Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hootiful

This week over at MyGrafico the theme challenge #67 was to do some Paper Piecing on our projects. I tried a different way of paper piecing by incorporating digital papers by Dotted Daisy - Dotted Line paper & digital images by Cocoa Studios - Mod Owls.



My project this week is a Diorama card. Diorama cards add depth and make things look real - they can open up a window on the world.
Challenges:
MyGrafico - Paper Piecing
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Animal Magic


I used the Cocoa Studios - Mod Owls as my inspiration for paper piecing. What's more exciting then to paper piece on top of digital papers. I will have to say this was a very difficult project I tried. I was really excited when everything worked out.
The paper piecing was a no brainier using this set of cute and modern owls that are perfect for designing baby shower invitations, announcements, birthday invites, cards, stickers and more!




Using the
Dotted Line paper by Dotted Daisy worked out beautifully. This Cheerful and fun paper set is full of dots! So much fun and for so many uses. Use them for scrapbooking pages, storyboards, card making, bag tag making, banner making and more. Enjoy using your imagination with this fun collection. The saying on the card is from Create TLC.
If you would like to try your hand at a Diorama card click here for a tutorial.

7 comments:

  1. Oh poo, I wish you had some pictures of the cards insides so we could see it in action! I would love to try to make a card like this .. maybe sometime soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like how you pieced the paper cute TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your owl diorama! This is too cute! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!! I love the depth and layering that the diorama created... How long did it take you? Awesome job! I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do really like that idea - must have a fiddle - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable diorama! Great job with the paper-piecing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...